Blogs > Lighten Up With Karin

Karin Henschel, 54, of Mentor is a member of The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013 weight-loss contest.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Rough Week

A self-imposed week of exercise free existence was my plan after injuring my knee last Sunday. Walking around my school was more than my knee wanted to endure for the first couple of days. Well, I lasted three full days and then started to lightly spin without pain. I felt lost without sweating and was eating more than I care to confess. I started off with 20 minutes and increased it to 45 over several days. I returned to my Saturday morning marathon of kickboxing, weights and step. I engaged in spinning with boxing punches while the rest of the class did step and boxing. Robin adapted the weight lifting for me so that I could participate while avoiding squats and lunges. I have to admit that I looked pretty ridiculous but I'm beyond caring what people think. It felt good to be back. My plan is to return to full sweat-ability within a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home